The Walnut Valley Educational Foundation (WVEF) is dedicated to supporting extraordinary learning experiences that help all students achieve their full potential and succeed in the 21st century. To that end, WVEF will generate and distribute financial resources to fund a wide variety of creative educational opportunities for students and staff within the Walnut Valley Unified School District.
GRANTS FOR CLASSROOM AND SCHOOL-WIDE PROJECTS
Walnut Valley is fortunate to employ exceptionally well trained and creative educators who demonstrate their gift for teaching by creating new ways to enrich the learning of students. Grants are awarded for innovative classroom and school-wide programs, ranging from mini-grants. Grants are awarded for: Technology, Disadvantaged Youth, Fine Arts, Libraries, Athletics, Enrichment, Mini-grants (classroom materials).
Graduating seniors from the two comprehensive high schools and the continuation high school benefit from annual $1,000 scholarships. Scholarship categories include:
- Visual/performing art
- Industry technology
- Teen citizenship (leadership)
- Ron Hockwalt Memorial Scholarship
- In addition, two $1,000 staff scholarships – one for classified (non-teaching) and certificated (teacher and/or administrative) staff – are awarded annually based on merit.
FUND RAISING ACTIVITIES
Three community wide events and a fee-based summer school program for elementary school students supplement personal and corporate donations. Proceeds from the summer school program fund the student and staff scholarships and many of the grant categories. The events include:
- Teddy Bear Tea – A fun event that is attended annual by several hundred local residents, the Teddy Bear Tea funds the mini-grants to teachers to buy classroom materials.
- Golf Tournament - Funds raised from the tournament support the athletics grant category.
- Gala - Funds raised from the Gala are used to honor Parent Partners, Business Partners, and Community Service Partners.